Monday, February 12, 2007

I got home ealrier and in better shape than expected from my ski trip over the weekend. The skiing was fair. Some trails were decent with some packed powder, others were a field of ice, I hate skiing on ice.

I was out the door within an hour of coming home with a route planned up to the top of Wissahickon Park and back. For the first time in a while I could feel the sun warming me when I got out the door. It had a little oomph behind it instead of just being a giant light in the ski. I was happy for the change to shorts and one layer under my running jacket.

After a couple days off my legs felt good and my pace stayed on the faster end of easy most of the way through the park. When I got to the top of the park, instead of turning around, I made a right and ran up to Germantown Ave. Made another right and went up the hill past Chestnut Hill College. I have heard Seebo mention this hill in his blog before but never reallt knew what he was talking about until yesterday. The hill is never horribly steep but it just keeps going and going. You can't see the top from the bottom so each turn you make you realize you have a lot further to go.

After the hill I was in familiar territory of late, winding through Chestnut Hill. The sun was till shining and I was in a fine mood cruisining back towards my house, happy that I was getting a decent run in to end the week.

14 miles in 1hr 43 mintues. It gave 48 miles for the week on 4 days of running and miel swim on. Not horrible, but could have been better.

1 comment:

seebo said...

Thanks for the shout, John. I wanted to comment, however, that last year after skiing I found it really hard to maintain training the week after. Just a heads up. Keep on keeping on.