Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It is so much sweeter to run when the temps are in a certain range. I think it's different for each person but for me it is somwhere between 35 and 65 degrees. Runs during the the past month have been cold, usually well below this sweet spot. I still look forward to running but there is this pall of cold hanging over it, just taking away from the enjoyment. It's the same thing in the summer when temps are 85 and humid.

Yesterday for the first time since January 19th. (Yes I do have the temp recorded for each run in my log) the temp was 40 or above for a run and although my legs were tired there still was a bounce in my step because of it. I met up with the Tuesday nighters and I think they were all in a better mood beacuse of it as well.

Steve, Ian, Ben, Bike-Mike, and I floated along Kelly Drive at about 7:20 pace. Nobody was pushing the speed last night, everyone was content to chat and enjoy the weather and that was just what I was looking for. 8 miles in exactly 60 minutes.

No comments: