Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Deluge

I planned on running 11 miles last night. 3 Before the group run at easy pace, 5 miles at tempo pace with the group, 3 miles after the group run at easy pace.

I started running under overcast skies around 6:00 and not long after a light rain began. It steadily increased and by the time I was 2 miles in had become a total downpour. I had a hard time even running with my head up because of the rain in my eyes. I was totally drenched in minutes and decided at that point a tempo run wasn't going to happen.

Instead, I just enjoyed the rain. On a regular basis runing in downpours would get really annoying but every once in a while it is a blast. I made my way up to the Art Museum where I met about 6 other Philly runners for our evening run. The rain continued to pour and the skyline was totally obscured by low clouds and rain.

The rain had lightened a tad before the group set off but it had left gigantic ankle deep puddles along some portions of the path. I had gingerly jumped puddles when the rain first started but now plowed right through them. Heather and I ran out to the Strawberry Mansion bridge and back. 9 miles in 83 minutes.

No comments: