Friday, August 04, 2006

I was debating a DNR yesterday but I am a little down on miles for this week so even a shorter run is better than nothing.

5 Miles in and around Manayunk with Heather. We took it slow and I think the heat/humidty might have abated a bit. Maybe the slow pace just made it feel that way, who knows.

Although I haven't really logged to many miles this week my legs feel a little beat up. Coming off of a lot of miles last week my legs felt great on Monday and then I did a track workout. The track really seems to take a toll. The remainder of the week is filled with nagging aches and pains.

In my mind I really want to hit 60 miles this week but when I look back at the rough training plan I devised prior to the start of marathon training I am only scheduled to run 50-55. I think I should follow the plan a little more closely and make sure I am still in good shape to log solid training miles in the weeks to come. Also, I have to account for the heat, it is a bitch, and can really put a dent in weekly mileage.

The 15 day forecast (which is notoriously inaccurate but when it looks good I like to believe it is correct and when it looks bad I blow it off knowing they never get it right) shows normal to cooler than normal weather all the way through. I am saying a little prayer that they are right

No comments: