Sunday, August 27, 2006

I almost pulled a DNR for the day. I was a bum in the morning, drank coffee and watched TV, than ran some errands. Before I knew it 2:00 had rolled around and it was Fantasy Football Draft time at my house. 12 friends, 4 beers and two cheeseburgers later I wasn't really feeling a run.

A cup of coffee gave me some energy and I decided to head out at 7:30. I was trying to think of a route but nothing really seemed appealing. Set off through Manayunk and tried to find streets I haven't been down before.

Things felt good but tight and by the time I was ready to finishI was really getting into the run. It had started to rain and my iPod doesn't take to well to that so I called it quits. 5.4 miles in 42 minutes.

63 miles for the week and it was defintiely a good one. With the track meet in the begining and a great long run at the end. Hopefully I can string together 5 more good weeks till taper.

2 comments:

jim said...

impressive...I don't know how you managed to run after your draft...well done!

ian said...

i second that: impressive. how many beers and cheeseburgers are you planning for the morning before chicago?