Sunday, August 20, 2006

An easy 8 miler through Wissahickon Park/Mt. Airy/Roxborough. I have been a little tired of running the same old routes and I mixed it up a bit tonight running streets I have never been down before.

My legs felt good despite the 16 miles yesterday and I stretched a planned 6 miles into about 8 in 62 minutes. This puts me at 61.7 miles for the week at an average 7:37 pace.

I was looking back over my training log this evening and comparing last years marathon build up to this years by distance and pace. I noticed that my average pace for all of 2005 was 7:46. My average pace so far this year is 7:45. I've gotten an entire second quicker per mile. I knew all of these miles were paying off.

1 comment:

seebo said...

Excepting tempo runs and track workouts, training pace has no correlation with marathon performance.

How is your mileage looking this year compared to last? That's what you need to focus on.

sm