Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I am way behind on posting again. I have four runs to catch up on so here goes. Will see what I can remember, runs quickly get hazy a few days out unless there was something very memorable.

Friday was a day off. My legs just didn't feel good. My legs were beat and I felt a day off was in order.

Saturday morning I was excited for a 14-15 miler but even with the day off it didn't start out to well. I reached an hour and was wondering how I was going to keep it up for one more. However I entered Fairmount Park in this stretch and I started getting into a groove going up over St. Georges. I made my way through the park, down the lawn at Belmont Mansion and into the woods for a trip on the trails. Popped out at Ford Road and then jumped on MLK for the trip home. About 14.5 miles in 1:52. I was happy that the run ended much better than it started, always much better than the other way around.

I was at the folks on Sunday morning and I got up at 8:00, rolled out of bed, and started running. A rare occurence for me. The weather was warm for being early and the sun was in full effect. I ran about 7.5 miles in a little under an hour. Never really felt great and I was glad when it was over.

Monday night my legs weren't feeling so hot. I waited till almost 9:00 to head out the door for what I thought was going to be a difficult run. However, depsite the heat and my achey legs, everything went great. An East Falls/Roxborough loop that was highlighted by a lightning storm off in the distance. 8 miles in 62 minutes.

Tuesday night I met up with the group. My legs felt drained and I had a nagging muscle cramp in my left calf, although it wasn't sore, during the work day.

I didn't expect much out of the run that night. I got there a little early, stretched out and was pleasantly surprised at how well the firts mile felt. By mile 2 I wanted to go longer and Seebo and I headed up over the Strawberry Mansion Bridge for a longer loop. This was the first time in about 10 days that I have run with anybodyelse and it felt good to have some company for a few miles. Seebo headed home at sweetbriar and I continued to the Art Museum for 7 miles in 53 miutes.

I was a little discouraged by the torpid legs over the past few days but things feel much better right now and I am looking forward to a long run on Forbidden Drive tonight.

11 weeks till Chicago.

1 comment:

seebo said...

enjoyed the run, j-dubs, keeping plugging away those miles.

i laugh when you write that you're glad a particular run is over. i'm ALWAYS glad when a run is over!