Thursday, August 17, 2006

It was time for some speedwork last night. I headed out for 12 miles on Forbidden Drive and mixed some mile intervals in with a lot of recovery in between.

Took the first few miles easy and then hit 1.5 miles in just under 8:55. I pushed a little harder than I should have so after a mile recovery I lightened up for the next interval, 1 mile in 6:02. Again a mile recovery and my 3rd interval was 1 mile in 6:13. I ran a couple more miles and then towards the end of the run I hit a 4th mile at 6:15. I didn't push to hard in the last two intervals and I was very happy with the time.

Most of the miles in between were run at a fairly brisk pace and I finished 12 miles in 83 minutes. Very pleased with the pace and the run overall but I am glad I have a DNR today due to a Fantasy Football draft after work. Everything is tight and the day off will feel good, although I can't help but wonder if I might be able to squeeze in a few miles when I get home late tonight.

No comments: