Friday, August 25, 2006

Last nights run started off like many lately, my legs feel tired and achey prior to the run and I wonder how things are going to go, the first few miles I don't feel to hot and then everything loosens up and I really get into the run.

I met up with some Thursday nighters, Jim, Steve, and Alex for a 7.5 mile trip through Fairmount Park. I planned on doing 10-12 for the night but with the way my legs were feeling before the run I didn't think it ws going to happen.

Over Spring Garden and down 34th past the zoo, up the Lansdowne hill, Concourse to Parkside and I was feeling a lot better. Alex had to dropout early in the run due to some issues and we continued on our way chatting mostly about past races. Sometimes I really don't feel like talking about running while running but last night it was nice to hear some others experiences.

We finished up in front of the Art Museum in 63 minutes and we were sure we had gone 8 miles but a check on Gmap indicated 7.6. I guess the legs just weren't moving as fast as we thought.

At this point I was feeling great and decided to tack on a few more miles by myself on Kelly Drive. I ran to the normal Tuesday night turn around at the John Kelly Statue and back. The first 3 miles at marathon pace and the last one at 6:50. Cruising along. 12 miles in 93 minutes.

1 comment:

seebo said...

Good job adding on the xtra mileage. Stuff like that is what'll get you to Boston.